I've decided to go to GP conference, despite the high fees on top of accommodation and travel. The registration fees are on a sliding scale based on income, which is fare enough, but perhaps there should also be consideration to the distance traveled and whether you require accommodation. I am only going for a couple of days, but with everything thrown in it likely to cost me about £200.
I have never been to conference before but feel the GP is at a turning point and it is important that as many grass roots members as possible turn up and get involved.
Weather: Yesterday and today rain, clouds and a little sun.
Listening to: Planet Rock, okay now I'm not Status Quo has come on, so instead I'll pop on 2 Many DJs
3 comments:
Is there no cheap crash space?
Found a reasonably cheap hotel, I'm not very good at sleeping on floors.
Rail fare is over £50, conference is £25 a day (I didn't get sorted in time to pre-book).
On the other hand, a lot of the Green Members in London (and there are a lot... finally get to save some money...) I'll be coming down from Edinburgh, but luckily I still have a few friends in London...
Post a Comment