Monday, 19 April 2010

UKIP - Not for the 'politically correct'

I received a leaflet today from the UKIP candidate for York Outer, Judith Morris.  One sentence immediately rang alarm bells, her concern about "the negative effects of political correctness".  So I thought I would dig around to find out a bit more about our UKIP candidate.  I did not need to look far as I came across a Q & A section on the UKIP website

On gay couples booking a room in a B & B:
With regard to the B & B question, I believe that the proprietors, like pub landlords, should have the right to serve or not anyone staying in their home.
Asked about the country's "lax moral standards":
However, I would firmly be against same sex marriages, abortion and euthenasia - but I re-iterate these are my own personal views but I would vote this way if given that option.

Her views are pretty typical of UKIP candidates.  I would recommend reading Richard Corbett's '25 things you didn't know when you voted for UKIP'

I also recommend the site UKIP watch

No comments: