It is in London. I am really warm, and have got some real sun today, I forgot what that feels like. Although there were a few passing showers, once they were over the sun was back again, unlike the crappy overcast climate I have become used to. Is the weather generally better down here than in York or am I just lucky to catch it?
Briefly popped into Marxism this afternoon and listened to a lecture entitled "Is queer politics radical?". The speaker had some interesting ideas, but did pump out the usual SWP line of mass action, disparaging Peter Tatchell's work which is important. So what if it is only a few activists, he has drawn attention to some serious issues, and was on Mugabe's case long before the British media paid any attention.
Tomorrow I'll do a bit more Marxism, a bit of Oxford street and a gallery. Not sure yet whether to do the Wallis Collection on Tate Modern. If I'm really energetic I may try and get a ticket for Candide in the evening.
Listening to: The Verve live at Glastonbury on BBCi
No comments:
Post a Comment