Thursday, 31 July 2008

The nominees are announced

The Green Party leadership, deputy leader and GPEx nominees are announced.

Caroline Lucas MEP and Ashley Gunstock are nominated for Leader, Norwich Councillor Adrian Ramsay is sole candidate for Deputy Leader.


I will be supporting Ashley Gunstock and RON for deputy.

The GPEx nominees can be found at http://www.greenparty.org.uk/executive-elections

There is a disappointingly low level of interest in the posts with only 1 candidate and in some cases no candidate. I wish I could have put my name forward, but I did not feel I had the time to commit to the post on top of a full time job, study and other commitments, as well as not being put off at the prospect of having to keep traveling to London frequently.

I am also quite surprised at the amount of interest in my only recently started blog. Yesterday I had 28 visitors!

Weather: Tue/Wed sunny and hot, today very wet and hot
Listening to: Skid Row (yes, incredibly cheesy). In my defence I have also listened to Muse and Future Sound of London today.

No comments: